Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fitness Counts

I'm a fitness freak!  I believe everyone should do something physical at least 15 minutes a day for the sake of their own health.  Lots of illness could be avoided or lessened simply by getting up off the couch and walking.  I guess I'm an advocate of exercise because my own body tells me if I don't move I'm going to stiffen and get sore.  Exercise actually keeps me from hurting more than I would from degenerative disc disease and arthritis.  I can always tell when I have gotten lazy!  But I love a good DVD to exercise with.  I don't want yoga because I can't bend into a pretzel at my age.  I don't want to just walk in place.  That gets boring.  No, give me something with challenge in it and I'll rise up and do it.

For example, Hip Hop Abs for when I feel like dancing.  These exercises focus on the abdominal area.  You don't do one sit-up but you sure do work those muscles!  I honestly believe these are more effective than sit-ups.  Because I've had major back surgery I can't do a regular sit-up so these are ideal for people with bad backs.

Try one or get the whole set.  Never boring, always challenging, always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment